The Hygiene Director works to create best-in-class hygiene departments through the entire Imagen ecosystem, ultimately resulting in superior patient care. The successful candidate enables partnered dental practices to execute optimal hygiene treatment because of their understanding of best practices and their ability to document these processes and protocols in a way that maximizes consistency and repeatability systemwide. They collaborate with clinical leadership and partnering teams in all systems that affect continuing care and case acceptance. The successful candidate demonstrates the ability to start and grow a hygiene program at scale within a growing organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with operations to evaluate the current state of our hygiene and periodontal programs
- Identify programs to improve key metrics.
- Build and keeps current tools, processes, and systems to support hygiene growth.
- Assist operations and office managers with evaluating their practices against best practices
- Develop the Imagen approach to leading, training, and coaching hygienists including but not limited to RDH Orientation and Laser CE Courses.
- Oversee the chart auditing process.
- Identify areas of opportunity and communicate with the team(s) if there are any areas where a protocol was not followed ensuring team members understand their responsibilities.
- Organize and fully participate in all aspects of continuing education including creating, testing and deploying hygiene content.
- Lead and participate in hygiene team meetings, including facilitation, training, and problem-solving.
- Solution systemic problems with case acceptance, handoffs, periodic exams, chair turnover, and emergency time with other departments. Supervise and monitor re-care, sterilization, x-ray protocols, treatment planning/case acceptance, and new technology (lasers, etc.).
- Monitor continuing care systems for the entire organization. Tweak or develop new systems, as needed, with input from the other hygiene team members and the doctor(s).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for patients and team. Serve as a point of escalation for both patient and team relations related to the hygiene function. Mentor and coach team members to create an environment of growth.
- At least 10 years of clinical hygiene practice
- Experienced in developing and training ethical protocols for the delivery of standard of care.
- Strong knowledge of dental operations and clinical expertise coupled with strong business acumen
- The ability to design best practices and lead others through communication, implementation, and training.
- Experience with Dentrix, Eaglesoft and Open dental software preferred
- Must possess a strong desire to train and develop team to meet performance standards
- Overall understanding of office philosophy and systems
- Understanding of best practices for CDT code use within a hygiene protocol
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Strong public speaking ability representing Imagen’s brand at schools or other speaking engagements
Imagen Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Be part of the dental industry’s next big thing. Apply today!
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
- Imagen Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information